MIA but for good reasons...

SO I've been away because so much has changed in my life, both good and bad (but that's kinda how life usually goes, right?!) Well for starters, I moved not only to LA but right on Ocean Avenue, which means the beach is right outside my front door. Within a couple weeks of living in this new city, I was blessed to have landed a job as a stylist, meaning I get paid to do what I love - style people in outfits from head to toe!

Another big change is that I have a new baby brother named Preston! He's the absolutely light of my life and such a blessing to my family. Being 22, and living on my own is a huge change and especially now that I'm away from my new brother, but it's definitely a great learning experience.

Within the time of being away from my blog, I also ended the 5 year relationship I was in. I was going through a lot of changes, trying to figure out who I was as an individual as well as trying to figure out what I wanted in my life in terms of a relationship. Unfortunately, with my boyfriend living in Kansas at the time, it was no help in making a decision so I decided to leave our 5 year relationship behind me and have something I hadn't had since I was 16 - time to myself.  It sounds selfish, but sometimes you have to be selfish and think of yourself. Within that time, I grew tremendously as an individual, and also matured, because even though I'm not that young and not yet that old, I knew I needed to grow up in terms of heading towards a direction that was going to aim towards my future.

Now that I'm in a good place in my life and on track to reaching every goal I set for myself, I realized I missed my best friend, my partner in crime, the person I was comfortable with and had so much fun with... I knew for sure that I wanted to be with no one other than him, Isaiah... But by the time 3 months being broken up had passed, he wanted nothing to do with me and I took it more than just hard. I was heart broken, confused, hurt, and overall just broken. I didn't understand how he couldn't understand that I needed time apart from him to find out what I really wanted and by the time I realized I wanted to be with him, it was too late and I was confused about why he turned so cold.

Luckily, after more time has passed, I realized that although I don't understand why things turned out the way that they did, maybe it could be a blessing in disguise. Maybe he needs time to miss me too, just like I did. And if he doesn't, that's okay too - it just wasn't God's plan for me, or us. I don't know what the future holds but whether or not he and I will ever be together again, I know that whatever is meant to be, will always just be - and for that, I am so excited. And until then, I'll get back to doing what I love... blogging.

Remember...
What is for you, will not pass you and what is coming is better than what is already gone.

Stay positive and hopeful always.


xo Kaitlin M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave any feedback! I love and appreciate every comment I receive. I do my best to reply to everyone and I'm always sure to stop by your blog to check it out or leave some love.

With love & gratitude,
Kaitlin from 5ft ave.