Shades of Grey

photos: k.edward photography - los angeles

Caped coats and blazers, blanket wraps, and ponchos are in just about in every store and trust me - they are selling left and right! I came across this plaid blanket-styled poncho in small boutique in Newport Beach, Ca. and knew I just couldn't pass it. Once I brought it home, I tried styling it in every-which way... jeans and boots, tights vs. no tights, you name it! This was all until I realized that this fun plaid in shades of grey didn't require much to make the outfit stand out. I wore it with a black bodycon long sleeved dress which I scored for $11 at Forever 21.

Typically for an every day look, I would have worn this poncho with denim skinnies and brown riding boots or black leggings. But for the sake of the holiday season I decided to pair it with my favorite pumps! The bow is a perfect holiday touch and I've noticed that bow-toed flats and heels are on everyones feet this season! These are extremely comfy and I added a padded heel strip for extra comfort that I purchased at Target (leaves a slight gap but totally worth it, trust me!)

Steven by Steve Madden "Ravesh" pumps in black leather // 
(originally purchased from Nordstrom) currently sold out but you can still find them online  - similar here
dress // Forever 21
ponchos & caped coats // similar here 
sunnies // Sunglass

26 comments:

  1. omg!! that coat/poncho is AMAZING!!!! you look impeccable!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate all the comments, compliments, suggestions of improvement, critique and suggestions I receive!

      xo Kaitlin

      Delete
  2. I am more than obsessed with this cape! The colors are perfect for the winter and I love how you have style it for warmer weather! Super cute and looking forward to following along through bloglovin'!

    Chelsea

    www.gingersideoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I definitely styled this for warmer weather because our "winter" in California is right in between warm and cold!

      xo Kaitlin

      Delete
  3. New follower here! Just discovered your blog, and I absolutely love your style. I feel like this poncho would eat me alive, but you paired it so nicely! Definitely dressed it up with those pumps!

    http://fashamorphosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for choosing to follow 5ft ave.! I love and appreciate your support.
      I found and followed you on Bloglovin' because I love connecting with my followers.
      Can't wait to see more of your blog posts!

      xx Kaitlin

      Delete
  4. Wow, your outfit is stunning, love this cape. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nessa, as always!

      xx Kaitlin

      Delete
  5. this cape is pure Perfection <3
    wish you a great weekend ahead…
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow that outfit of your looks just so gorgeous!! :)
    xx Johanna / lilyjohanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely gorgeous, the cape is beautiful and I love your hair!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to check out your blog!

      xo Kaitlin

      Delete
  8. You look great! love the cape

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing post!
    love your blog dear!♥

    http://sapirgoldman.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I appreciate you stopping by 5ft ave.
      New posts every Wednesday!

      xo Kaitlin

      Delete
  10. Great outfit,you look amazing.I LOVE your hair,I wish my hair was like yours <3

    FASHION with VALENTINA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look on you!
    http://norulejuststyle.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love that caped sweater! It's fabulous! I'd love if you would check out my blog as well!

    xx

    Justine of The Desert Mermaids

    ReplyDelete
  14. In loveeee with this outfit girl!!! Super chic =)


    Nancy
    www.fancynancista.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That poncho looks amazing, it's like it was designed for you :o

    Call Me S

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am absolutely in love with this cape! Love how you've styled it, great blog.

    Heather X
    www.100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave any feedback! I love and appreciate every comment I receive. I do my best to reply to everyone and I'm always sure to stop by your blog to check it out or leave some love.

With love & gratitude,
Kaitlin from 5ft ave.